Amidst the mechanical lifestyle at current, the modern-day audience requires ultimate comfort and convenience while engaging in leisurely audio and video entertainment. Most operating systems come with their in-built video players, which is sufficient in terms of utility but lack many of the extra features introduced by third-party video players. Thus, the prominence of such third-party video players has been on the rise.
One of the most popular video players in the current market is VLC Media Player. It has stood its ground firmly, even in the face of immense competition, to establish itself as one of the leaders in video playback technology. Let’s have a look at the history of the media player.
Introduction to VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is an open-source cross-platform video playback software developed as part of the VideoLAN project in started in 1996. The player has a number of audio-video compression methods and dedicated plugins to run a multitude of audio or video file formats. Recently, it has even integrated a streaming platform into the software. The video player is compatible across a host of platforms including Windows, iOS, Android OS and a few others. Let’s have a look at the features of this media player.
Features of VLC Media Player
The salient features of the VLC Media Player are listed below.
- Swift and efficient hardware decoding across all platforms
- The code is open source, and hence there are no advertisements, spyware or recording of user history involved with the software.
- The player supports almost all audio and video file types smoothly.
- Advanced controls are present including subtitle synchronization, video and audio filters, and audio visualization and so on.
- Convert audio and video files from one format to another seamlessly.
- Create bookmarks to mark important moments in audio and video files.
These are just a few of the impressive features of the VLC Media Player. Let’s now see how we can install this on the Android platform.
Download and Install VLC on Android
It is welcome and heartening news that VLC media player is now available for Android devices. It can be used to stream videos, play DVDs, ISOs, and almost all multimedia. The biggest attraction of this platform is that it is completely free of advertisements.
The following steps should be followed to download and install VLC on Android.
- Go to the Store App of the Android device.
- Locate the VLC Media Player.
- Tap the Install button to initiate the installation.
- After the required files are downloaded it is automatically downloaded.
- The familiar Cone icon of the VLC media player will be visible.
- Click on the Cone icon to launch the media player
Download and Install VLC on iOS 13
VLC media has a free port for iPod, iPhone and iPad touch called the VLC for iOS which is open-source and completely free. VLC requires 9.0 or later and runs on any iPhone, iPod or iPad touch. VLC for iOS is compatible with most media without any conversion.
VLC media can be synchronized to the iOS using WiFi, iTunes, various cloud services or direct download from the web. It can also be synchronized with Dropbox. GDrive, One Drive, Box, iCloud Drive.